- No responsibility for loss or theft of articles left in changing rooms, ballroom, or hotel rooms can be accepted by the organizer or the NDCA, neither can they be held liable for injury sustained by persons attending the AMERICAN STAR BALL. Everyone does so at his or her own risk. All persons attending this event, whether as spectators or as Officials or as Competitors or guests of the Organizer, shall be bound by NDCA rules and by participating in this event automatically become obliged to adhere to them.
- No personal video taping, filming or flash photography will be allowed. Professional videographers and photographers will be available.
- It is understood that anyone in the ballroom may be photographed and/or video taped and it may be shown elsewhere. Anyone attending this event consents to be photographed and/or video taped and waves any all claims and rights to the use of the photos or videos.
- Professionals competing in any capacity must be currently registered with the NDCA and supply the Organizers with an official registration number on our entry forms. All amateur couples that are dancing must be currently registered with NDCA and supply the Organizers with an official registration number on our entry forms.
Registration Forms are available from www.NDCA.org or Eleanor Wiblin
P.O. Box 22018
Provo, Utah 84602
- Pro/Am & Student/Student Age Divisions – Pre-teens/Juniors may enter true age and one age higher. Adults may enter true age and one age lower:
PT1 up to 9 A1 16-35 B2 61-70
PT2 10-11 A2 36-50 C1 71-80
J1 12-13 B1 51-60 C2 81- over
Pro/Am Championship or Scholarship A 16-35, B 36-50, C 51+
DanceSport Series A 16-35, B 36-50, C 51+
- Competitors must be in the ballroom 30 minutes before your heat and in the on deck a minimum of 3 heats before your heat. In any category with fewer than three entries the organizer reserves the right to eliminate the age and sex divisions and merge competitors into one open division.
- Dance levels in American and International Style – Closed Divisions should be based upon current NDCA approved figures, elements, and restrictions. Open divisions are not material restricted. Competitors may dance a total of three consecutive levels and one open level.
- Formations: maximum time limited to three (3) minutes for a single dance and four (4) minutes for a medley. Timing of routine shall begin and end with the accompaniment.
- Maximum of TWO Solo Exhibitions per student will be accepted. Solo Exhibition must be completed within 3 minutes, music will be faded out. Solo exhibitions critique sheets and scores will be available to studio personnel at the registration desk.
- PROFESSIONAL Exhibition/Cabaret – Due to time limits only 12 solos will be accepted. First come, first serve. Couples will be judged performing a solo routine of their own choice, not to exceed three minutes duration, including walk-on and walk-off music. Therefore, all competitors entering this event must come prepared with their own special music.
- Pro/Am Championships and Scholarships: These events are not separated by sex. To qualify you must enter and dance a minimum of five (5) singles dances (4 for Smooth only) in the same level for each scholarship entry submitted.
- Costumes: Newcomers can not wear costumes unless also entered in higher levels of the same division. NDCA rules will be enforced. Any inappropriate costuming will be grounds for disqualification.
- Pre-teen: no costumes are permitted in Pro/Am or Junior Couple. No open steps allowed, only closed syllabus.
- Pre-teen costume – We will follow the NDCA rules. For details go to www.NDCA.org
- Entry Deadline: April 19th, 2013 – Please send all completed forms and payment in full made payable to “AMERICAN STAR BALL”. Personal and studio checks will NOT be accepted at the competition. Payment must accompany all completed forms no later then April 19th, 2013. Any payments received after the deadline must be made in the form of a money order or cashier’s check.
- There will be no substituting of a student with another student during the event.
- Cancellation/Refund Policy: Cancellation must be in writing and made prior to May 3rd, 2013 to receive a refund 30 days after the event. Cancellation made after May 3rd, 2013 will NOT receive a refund. Canceled entries taken at the event cannot be substituted by another entry and no refund will be made on such a cancellation.
- There are no refunds or exchanges on general admission tickets.
- Contact information: Amanda Reyzin (215) 805-2213, 357 Roark’s Trail, Warminster, PA 18974, AmericanStarBall@gmail.com, www.AmericanStarBall.com
- These rules and regulations may be amended at the discretion of the organizers. Any changes will be provided via the website www.AmericanStarBall.com.