NEW THIS YEAR…THURSDAY NIGHT CLUB DANCES!
For the first time in our history, we will kick off a day earlier with a new Thursday evening session focused exclusively on American Rhythm Club style dances, including all levels of American Samba, West Coast Swing, Hustle, Salsa, Merengue, Night Club Two Step, Argentine Tango, & Bachata.
We want to make this feel like a party so we are planning to have tons of gourmet hors d’oeuvres and refreshments for teachers and competitors..…spread the word!!!!
Also, please note the pro/am single dance entry form on our website has been revised to include Bachata!
It is with great pleasure that we announce the 2015 American Star Ball Championships!
We have an exciting schedule of Professional, Pro-Am and Amateur events planned as well as some surprises. We are honored to be part of the Dancers Cup Tour! This year, we have increased the prize money for Rising Star and Professional Showdance competitors! We will also pay out prize money to all professional semi-finalist! We added pro/am senior multi-dance events by request as well as the Dancers Cup Tour Newcomer Scholarships and Latin and Ballroom Gold Championships! Our Bronze and Silver Scholarships in all four styles and age divisions will be a “Best of the Best” qualifier for the Ohio Star Ball Championships!
We are also pleased to announce that we will be returning to the luxury accommodations at the Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
We hope to offer all competitors, amateur and professional alike, a highly organized, amazing dance competition experience. So mark your calendars, put on your dance shoes and join us May 14th-17th, 2015 for the NEW American Star Ball Championships.
Ilya & Amanda Reyzin
Ilya and Amanda Reyzin began competing professionally in June 2007 and have competed in over 144 competitions and 254 professional events. They have received top placements in the American Rhythm, American Smooth, and Showdance Divisions. Their esteemed accomplishments include:
- 2009-2013 United States National American Rhythm Finalist
- 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 Eastern United States DanceSport American Rhythm Champions
- 2012 Costa Rican Classic American Rhythm Champions
- 2012-2013 Maryland DanceSport American Rhythm Champions
- 2009-2012 World American Rhythm Finalist
- 2011 Constitution State Challenge American Rhythm Champions
- 2011-2012 Cleveland DanceSport Challenge American Rhythm Champions
- 2011-2012 Yankee Classic DanceSport Championship American Rhythm Champions
- 2011-2012 Dancing a la Carte American Rhythm Champions
- 2011-2012 Michigan Dance Challenge American Rhythm Champions
- 2010 & 2012 North American Imperial Star American Rhythm Champions
- 2010 La Classique Du Quebec American Rhythm & Smooth Champions
- 2009 United States National 9-Dance Champions
- 2009 Ohio Star Ball 9-Dance Champions
2009 Eastern United States DanceSport Salsa Champions
- 2008 Caribbean DanceSport Classic World Salsa Champions
- 2007 Ohio Star Ball Rising Star American Rhythm Champions
Studio & Competitions:
Ilya and Amanda and are also the owners of Rhythm DanceSport Center in Southampton, PA and the organizers of the American Star Ball Championships in Atlantic City, NJ and the Maryland DanceSport Championships in Baltimore, MD.
Ilya and Amanda are championship certified adjudicators through the North American Dance Teacher’s Association (NADTA) in International Latin, International Ballroom, American Rhythm, American Smooth and Theatrical Arts.
Phone: (215) 805-2213
Fax: (215) 355-1481
The American Star Ball is pleased to announce that we will be partnering with the T.A.P. Project this year!
As announced at the 2012 Alzheimer’s Association National Convention, there is now scientific proof that ballroom dancing, unlike any other activity, helps reduce the risk of developing Dementia and the Alzheimer’s Disease, by a whopping 76% and may help slow down the progression of those afflicted with Dementia and Alzheimer’s.
The T.A.P. Project is the brainchild of competitor Judith Simon and her instructor Andrey Savenko. Their program of dance patterns and teaching techniques was specifically developed to teach people with Dementia and/or Alzheimer’s. This groundbreaking program is already having a positive impact in its trial phase, and has been endorsed by the National Dance Council of America.
Everyone entering the T.A.P. Pro/Am Charity Multi-Dance may make their tax deductible entry fee check payable to: “The T.A.P. Project” Entry forms may be found below and on our Entry Forms page
T.A.P. is a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation. Portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Alzheimer’s Association.
The American Star Ball is proud to be associated with the T.A.P. Project and we hope you will join us in supporting this worthy and wonderful cause!
Visit Our Judge & Officials page to see who will be attending our 2014 Edition of the American Star BallOfficials Page
Chairman of Judges:
- Leroy Walters
- Rita Algarra
- Didio Barrera
- Chuck Danza
- Rosendo Fumero
- Emil Ioukhinov
- Elena Kryuchkova
- Gary McDonald
- Larinda McRaven
- Tony Meredith
- Roman Nabatov
- Ieva Pauksena
- Polina Pilipenchuk
- Aigars Stolcers
- Dasha Sushko
- Pat Traymore
- Mark Brock
- Brent Mills
- David Don
- Ginny Walters
- Becky Messenger
On Deck Captain:
- Justin Deehr
- Anton Shklyaver
Lighting & Sound:
- Dave Moldover
We are looking forward to seeing you at the 2014 AMERICAN STAR BALL CHAMPIONSHIPS. In order to make the competition run as smoothly as possible, please read below:
- Please make sure that you have completed your entry forms, a ticket order form for each person attending as well as a studio accounting summary and return those to us by our Registration Deadline: April 25th, 2014.
- Shortly after we receive your information, we will send you an invoice/confirmation. Please check this closely for spelling, correct entries, and correct charges and let us know immediately if we need to make any changes.
- Hotel reservations for non-package holders should be made directly with the hotel, Golden Nugget Atlantic City (800) 777-8477. Please reference the American Star Ball and Group Code: ASB to receive the group rate. You must make your reservations before April 25th, 2014. The group rate will only be available until that date or until our block is sold out, whichever happens first. Reservations made after that date may not receive the group discount. All participants will be responsible for their personal room charges.Room Rates are as follows:
Thursday, May 15th, 2014: $69.00 **plus taxes and surcharges
Friday, May 16th, 2014: $149.00 **plus taxes and surcharges
Saturday, May 17th, 2014: $199.00 **plus taxes and surcharges.
Sunday, May 18th, 2014: $69.00 **plus taxes and surcharges.**All rooms are subject to a 14% tax and a $10.00 per night tourism/occupancy tax.
- Upon arrival at the hotel, one representative from the studio should come to the registration desk and pick-up the packages. OUTSTANDING BALANCES MUST BE PAID BEFORE PACKAGES CAN BE RELEASED. Only that representative will be allowed to make payment and pick up packages. We will not be accepting payments from individual students or releasing any tickets until payment is made in full. Each participant will be given a heat list showing what heat and at what time he/she is dancing. Please be advised that the time listed is approximate and subject to change. Each competitor should be present in the ballroom at least 30 minutes prior to his/her scheduled dance time. When you receive your heat sheet, please check and make sure your dances, levels, and ages are correct. We need to be made aware of any mistakes as soon as possible.
- Competitor numbers may be picked up from the registration desk. If you are a professional dancer or an amateur couple, you must have proof of your 2014 registration with the National Dance Council of America. If you are not on the NDCA roster and do not have a current card or a receipt showing you have paid for a current registration, you will be required to register at the competition or you will not be allowed to compete.
- Seating will be according to packages and the date of the order with preferred seating going first to package holders with balances paid in full 2 weeks prior to the competition. All seats in the ballroom are numbered and match ticket numbers. Seating is assigned when the tickets are ordered. Tickets ordered at a different time period may be for a different table or in a different area.
- All vouchers for money must be redeemed before the end of the competition or they become invalid.
Contact: Amanda Reyzin, 357 Roark’s Trail, Warminster, PA18974; (215) 805-2213; AmericanStarBall@gmail.com
Friday, May 16th, 2014
- ProAm & Student/Student American Rhythm Single Dances
- ProAm & Student/Student American Rhythm Solos
- ProAm American Rhythm 3-Dance Closed Championships
- ProAm American Rhythm Open Social 3-Dance Challenge
- ProAm American Rhythm Closed Scholarships “Best of the Best” Qualifier
- ProAm American Rhythm Open Championship DanceSport Series
- ProAm American Open 9-Dance (Rhythm)
- ProAm “Best of the Best” American Rhythm Challenge
- ProAm Student/Student International Ballroom Single Dances
- ProAm Student/Student International Ballroom Solos
- ProAm International Ballroom 3-Dance Closed Championships
- ProAm International Ballroom Closed Scholarships “Best of the Best” Qualifier
- ProAm International Ballroom Open Championship DanceSport Series
- ProAm International Open 10-Dance (Ballroom)
- ProAm “Best of the Best” International Ballroom Challenge
- ProAm American Rhythm 3-Dance Open Bronze/Silver Championships
- ProAm Open Rhythm Scholarships (A, B, & C)
- Open Amateur American Rhythm
- Open Amateur International Ballroom
- ProAm International Ballroom 3-Dance Open Bronze/Silver Championships
- ProAm Open Ballroom Scholarships (A, B, & C)
- Rising Star Professional Ballroom
- Rising Star Professional Rhythm
- Open Professional Smooth
- Open Professional Latin
- Professional Showdance
Saturday, May 17th, 2014
- ProAm & Student/Student American Smooth Single Dances
- ProAm & Student/Student American Smooth Solos
- ProAm American Smooth 3-Dance Closed Championships
- ProAm American Smooth Closed Scholarships “Best of the Best” Qualifier
- ProAm American Smooth Open Championship DanceSport Series
- ProAm American Open 9-Dance (Smooth)
- ProAm “Best of the Best” American Smooth Challenge
- ProAm Student/Student International Latin Single Dances
- ProAm Student/Student International Latin Solos
- ProAm International Latin 3-Dance Closed Championships
- ProAm International Latin Closed Scholarships “Best of the Best” Qualifier
- ProAm International Latin Open Championship DanceSport Series
- ProAm International Open 10-Dance (Latin)
- ProAm “Best of the Best” International Latin Challenge
- ProAm American Smooth 3-Dance Open Bronze/Silver Championships
- ProAm Open Smooth Scholarships (A, B & C)
- Open Amateur American Smooth
- Open Amateur International Latin
- ProAm International Latin 3-Dance Open Bronze/Silver Championships
- ProAm Open Latin Scholarships (A, B, & C)
- Rising Star Smooth
- Rising Star Latin
- Professional Ballroom
- Professional Rhythm
Sunday, May 18th, 2014
- Collegiate – American Smooth
- Collegiate – American Rhythm
- Collegiate – International Ballroom
- Collegiate – International Latin
- Amateur Adult, Senior I, II, III – American Smooth
- Amateur Adult, Senior I, II, III – American Rhythm
- Amateur Adult, Senior I, II, III – International Ballroom
- Amateur Adult, Senior I, II, III – International Latin
- Pre-Teen, Junior, & Youth (Couples, Singles, & Pro-Am) – American Smooth
- Pre-Teen, Junior, & Youth (Couples, Singles, & Pro-Am) – American Rhythm
- Pre-Teen, Junior, & Youth (Couples, Singles, & Pro-Am) – International Ballroom
- Pre-Teen, Junior, & Youth (Couples, Singles, & Pro-Am) – International Latin